Twitter share

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Stolen Art Watch, Hatton Garden Heist, Brinks Mat Boys Back In Town, Govt Spooks Used them To Recover Secret, Sensitive Material, Then Threw Them To Wolves

Breaking News
Parallels With The Baker Street Heist 1971:

Kenneth Noye In The Frame As Hatton Garden Heist Mastermind
Police are desperately trying to link Kenneth Noye, of 1983 Brinks Mat Gold Heist infamy, to the Hatton Garden Heist, organising the Hatton Garden Heist from prison.

Kenneth Noye has served fifteen years in jail for the murder of Stephen Cameron.

Kenneth Noye is now in a lower category jail and has been a model inmate for the last decade.

Kenneth Noye is now eligible for parole and is due for release later this year if his parole hearing, due this month, is successful.
Not sure if the parole hearing has already happened, but it was due for May 2015 according to media sources.

Establishment Dark Forces are so desperate that Kenneth Noye be kept in jail they will offer all kinds of immunity to the Hatton Garden accused if one of them will testify Kenneth Noye was the mastermind behind the Hatton Garden Heist.

Police have been checking all visitors to Kenneth Noye whilst in jail, anything to implicate him in the Hatton Garden Heist.

Whether Kenneth Noye was involved in the Hatton Garden Heist or not is of no concern to some elements of the establishment.

The mission for some Dark Forces is to is stitch him up, fit him up, stop him getting parole, get him indicted and jailed for the Hatton Garden Heist.

Police arrest suspect number ten as a 42 yr old Essex man detained this morning. More arrests to follow, not least the Postman who is alleged to be in Portugal.
  • Terry Perkins, 67, of Heene Road, Enfield
  • John Collins, 74, of Bletsoe Walk, north London
  • Daniel Jones, 58, of Park Avenue, Enfield
  • Hugh Doyle, 48, of Riverside Gardens, Enfield
  • William Lincoln, 59, of Winkley Street, Enfield
  • Brian Reader, 76, of Dartford Road, Dartford
  • Paul Reader, 50, of Dartford Road, Dartford
  • Carl Wood, 58, of Elderbeck Close, Cheshunt
  • John Harbinson, 42, of Beresford Gardens, Benfleet, Essex
  at their first court appearance linked to the £60million Hatton Garden heist
Plumber Hugh Doyle
Plumber Hugh Doyle arrives in court today
Daniel Jones, 58, brought to court charged with planning the Hatton Garden heist
Carl Wood, 58
Carl Wood, 58, puts his head in his hands in a police van
Another suspect closes his eyes in frustration outside court today

Brian Reader  covered his face to hide from photographers

They were accused of conspiring to enter as a trespasser the Hatton Garden Safety deposit at 88-90 Hatton Gardens with intent to steal between 1 April and 19 May.

Prosecutor Edmund Hall said a vault containing 73 safety deposit boxes had been raided and that, while the total value of the goods stolen was not yet known, it ran "in excess of £10m".

District Judge Tan Ikram remanded the men in custody, saying they faced a "serious" allegation and are next due to appear at Southwark crown court on 4 June.
A ninth man has been charged with conspiracy to burgle in relation to the Hatton Garden jewellery raid last month.
John Harbinson, 42, of Beresford Gardens, Benfleet, Essex will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Friday, a day after being arrested.

Hatton Garden raid: Eight men charged over burglary heist

Eight men have been charged with plotting the Hatton Garden jewellery heist, Scotland Yard has said.
Detectives from the Met's Flying Squad charged the men, aged between 48 and 76, with conspiracy to burgle on Wednesday evening.
They have been remanded in custody to appear before Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday.
A ninth man who was also arrested has been released on bail pending further enquiries, police said.
The contents of 56 safe deposit boxes were taken during the raid in London's jewellery district over Easter weekend.
The full list of those charged:
  • Terry Perkins, 67, of Heene Road, Enfield
  • John Collins, 74, of Bletsoe Walk, north London
  • Daniel Jones, 58, of Park Avenue, Enfield
  • Hugh Doyle, 48, of Riverside Gardens, Enfield
  • William Lincoln, 59, of Winkley Street, Enfield
  • Brian Reader, 76, of Dartford Road, Dartford
  • Paul Reader, 50, of Dartford Road, Dartford
  • Carl Wood, 58, of Elderbeck Close, Cheshunt
  • John Harbinson, 42, of Benfleet, Essex
Two of the men charged are believed to be father and son.
Brian Reader, 76, and Paul Reader, 50, who is also known as Brian, were both arrested at an address in Dartford, Kent.

Hatton Gardens heist cops believe they've caught the 'mastermind' behind jewel raid
The man suspected of orchestrating the daring £60million raid is described by insiders as a “great strategist” who has a “brilliant mind”

Hatton Gardens: Cops believe they've caught 'mastermind'
Detectives believe they have caught the “mastermind” of the Hatton Garden heist following a tip-off from an underworld supergrass.

The man suspected of orchestrating the daring £60million raid is described by insiders as a “great strategist” who has a “brilliant mind”.
Flying Squad detectives are understood to have arrested him on Tuesday following intelligence from a gangland figure who is a registered police informant.

The architect of the raid is believed to have had substantial criminal knowledge and was able to draw on a team with sophisticated skills, able to overcome the alarm and penetrate the vault’s wall.
Three pensioners, aged 76, 74, and 67, and five other men between the ages of 43 and 59 were arrested in simultaneous raids across London and Kent on Tuesday.
Their combined age is 533.
The suspects are still being questioned at a London police station on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.
A source said: “The suspected mastermind is regarded by those who know him as a brilliant mind and a great strategist.
"He was arrested using intelligence from an inside man.”

Detectives searching one of the addresses raided on Tuesday have recovered a box belonging to a the same make of drill used in the raid.
Officers searching a detached bungalow in Enfield, north London, were seen removing a dozen evidence bags including one containing a box for a Hilti drill.
Although it is unclear if it is exactly the same type of drill used in the burglary.
The gang used a specialist Hilti DD350 diamond coring drill to bore holes through the concrete walls of the Hatton Garden vault before breaking in and forcing open 72 safety deposit boxes.

The latest revelations came as concerns were raised that much of the stolen loot will never be returned to its rightful owners.

Detectives believe they have recovered most of the property stolen in the raid six weeks ago.
But a source said: “We are talking about thousands of diamonds and other jewels mixed up together and some of it was already stolen when it was stolen.
"There is no inventory of what was in the vault and not all the owners of the boxes have come forward so working out who owns what will be a huge headache.
"Some will undoubtedly remain unclaimed.”

The arrests came just over six weeks after a gang of thieves broke into the vault at Hatton Garden Safe Deposit company over the Easter weekend in London’s jewellery quarter.
They climbed down a lift shaft before using the diamond tipped industrial drills to tunnel into the company vault.
The Met is appealing to the public for information about a white Ford Transit van that was seen in the area around the time of the raid

Brinks Mat Link To Hatton Garden Raid

One of the men arrested today is Brian Reader, 76, who was convicted of handling some of the Brinks Mat gold back in the 1980's and was sentenced to nine years jailtime. Brian Reader, nicknamed "Doggy Syrup", was arrested along with his son also called Brian but known as Paul.

 Brian "Doggy Syrup" Reader, sporting a Scouse Moustache

 The £1 million Brian Reader Home in Dartford, Kent

Calm, down, calm, down, Govt Secret Service Spooks recruited the Brinks Mat Boys to pull off the Hatton Garden raid because they could be relied upon to pass the secret, sensitive material held in the Hatton Garden safety Deposit centre back to the Govt Secret service architects of the Hatton Garden Raid.  

O'h, de do, doh, don't dey, as they say in Liverpool !!

 She was only the Plumber's daughter, but she knew what Over-Flo meant !!

 Plumber, Hugh Doyle

Sadly, the Brinks Mat Boys failed to get all the Top Secret Sensitive material on the first attempt and had to return to the Hatton Garden Deposit centre on the Saturday evening. Having got the Mother load of sensitive material they left and handed over the Top Secret material to Govt Secret Service Spooks. 

Why were the thieves so confident and made mistakes, such as keeping the haul around them, leaving forensic eveidence etc? 

The reason was they thought, assumed they were being protected by Govt Secret Services and in any case, some of the haul was already stolen and belonged to other criminals. 

It was the sensitive, secret material that was the prize, (well, for the Govt security services) and because of this, it led to a false sense of secuirty which ultimately, could be their downfall. Double cross, triple cross.

The Scotland Yard Flying Squad discovered Govt Secret Service Spooks were involved and a power struggle commenced. Over the last six weeks there has been many top level Govt meetings and a deal was struck whereby the Brinks Mat Boys would be served up by their Govt Secret Service Spook masters to the Scotland Yard Flying Squad.  

So, expect to hear in the future a defence of: 

"being employed by Govt Secret Service Spooks" 

by the Hatton Garden accused.

Detectives investigating the gang that pulled off the Hatton Garden heist believe they have now recovered most of the valuables stolen during the audacious raid.
The majority of the valuables linked to the theft were found at one of at least 12 addresses searched on Tuesday, stashed in bags. Police were trying to establish who owned the property they recovered.
Covert officers staked out various addresses before a phalanx of 200 police swooped on Tuesday morning. Armed officers were at some of the raids but were not deployed to actually enter any of the homes.

Biggin Hill born Brian Perry, 63, a friend of M25 killer Kenneth Noye, was shot dead in November 2001 as he was walking into his minicab firm in south-east London.

He had acted as an agent to two of the men involved in what was then Britain's biggest heist, Brian Robinson and Michael McAvoy, who doused security guards in petrol and threatened to set them alight unless they revealed the vault combinations.
The thieves had expected to find £3 million in cash but once inside found gold bars worth £25 million of which only £11 million has ever been recovered.
Spanning the 26 years since the legendary heist, those involved have been blighted with what's known as the Brinks Mat curse, with some being vengefully murdered and double-crossed and others receiving life sentences.
McAvoy was arrested shortly after the robbery and asked Perry to look after his share of the bullion, who in turn enlisted Bexleyheath-born Kenny Noye to help smelt it down, depositing £10 million into Barclays bank within five weeks.
When McAvoy and Robinson were jailed for 25 years each in 1984, McAvoy tried to cut a deal, a shorter sentence in return for handing his share of the profits back, but by then his bullion had all but disappeared.
He called in close friend and notorious gangster, The Fox, to find out where his money had gone.
The Fox repeatedly told him that Perry refused to give it back but this has been called into question - in fact it is alleged that it was The Fox who had siphoned off McAvoy's cash.
Perry was arrested in 1992 and jailed for nine years and while inside he managed to convince McAvoy he wasn't responsible for stealing his share.
When he was released from jail, he told friends he wanted nothing to do with the criminal underworld anymore and went back to managing his cab firm. He wasn't under police protection and didn't seem to be aware that anyone held a grudge against him so it was a shock when he was gunned down by hitmen, shot three times in the back of the head.
In April 2006, Joseph Pitkin and Bilal Akhtar were cleared of his murder and nobody has ever been charged since.
When: November 26, 1983
Where: Brinks Mat warehouse at Heathrow Airport
What: The robbers thought they would steal £3 million in cash but found three tonnes of gold bullion worth £26 million. Most of the gold has never been recovered and at least £10 million is unaccounted for. It has been reported that anyone wearing gold bought after 1983 is probably wearing Brinks Mat.
Who: Gang leader Michael McAvoy and Brian Robinson - who helped conceive the raid and got into the warehouse thanks to his security guard brother-in-law Anthony Black.
McAvoy and Robinson were sentenced to 25 years in prison, Black got six years. While in prison, McAvoy entrusted his share of the bullion to Brian Perry, from Biggin Hill, and George Francis, whose wife lives in Beckenham, but when he was released in 2000, found £5 million of the loot to be missing. He is believed to have been questioned following the murder of Francis in 2003. Perry hired Kenneth Noye (right) to dispose of the gold. Perry was sentenced to nine years in 1992 and was shot outside his Bermondsey minicab firm in 2001.
While being investigated for his part in laundering Brinks Mat gold, Noye was accused of stabbing police officer John Fordham who was observing him in his garden. He was acquitted of murder on the grounds of self-defence, but was sentenced to 14 years in prison in 1986 for handling stolen gold. He was released from prison in 1994, having served eight years of his sentence. Two years later, in 1996, Noye stabbed 21-year-old motorist Stephen Cameron on the Swanley junction of the M25 which was falsely reported as a 'road rage' incident but has been reported to be a dispute over a drug deal. He was sentenced to life imprisonment.
Tommy and Terry Adams, members of the Islington crime family, were also connected to the case. Tommy was filmed with Noye handling the gold and was later convicted of cannabis smuggling and jailed for seven-and-a-half years in 1998. Terry escaped prosecution for years until he was caught in a money laundering sting and jailed for seven years.
Tony White stood trial along with McAvoy and Robinson but was cleared.
Insurers forced him to pay back almost £28 million, plus more than £2 million in compensation. In 1997 he was jailed for 11 years for his part in a £65 million drug smuggling ring.
Brian Reader, friend to Noye, was at his house when DC Fordham was killed. He was also convicted of handling stolen gold from the Brinks Mat raid and jailed for nine years.
Solicitor Michael Relton was jailed for 12 years for laundering £7.8 million invested in Docklands property.
John 'Goldfinger' Palmer is widely credited with being the brains behind the robbery but has never been convicted of an offence in connection with the raid.
He was jailed for eight years for persuading timeshare owners to buy a new property by falsely claiming he would sell their old one. He travels everywhere with armed guards after threats on his life were made over the Brinks Mat profits.
-1985: DC John Fordham (above) was stabbed to death with a pitchfork in the grounds of Kenneth Noye's mansion in Kent after he caught the attention of his guard dogs.
-1990: An associate of Noye, car dealer Nick Whiting, went missing from his Kent showroom in 1990. His body was found on Rainham Marshes, Essex. No-one has ever been charged.
-1995: Essex drug dealer Pat Tate, who befriended Noye in prison during his Brinks Mat sentence, was shot dead with two other men in a Range Rover.
-September 1996: Close friend of Noye, builder Keith Hedley, 57, was shot dead as he holidayed on his yacht in Corfu.
- March 1998: Feared enforcer for the notorious Adams family, Gilbert Wynter, disappears. It is said his body was buried in concrete and is propping up the Millennium Dome. Another account of his suspected death asserts that he was killed on the orders of noted London gangster Mickey Green.
-November 1998: Hatton Garden jeweller Solly Nahome, who had helped melt down hundreds of gold bars on behalf of the notorious Adams family, was shot dead outside his home.
-November 2001: Brian Perry, 63, shot dead outside his minicab firm. Joseph Pitkin, 31, and Bilal Akhtar, 22, were put on trial for Perry's murder in March 2006 but walked free after the prosecution case against them collapsed. No one else has ever been charged.
-May 2003: George Francis, also 63, shot a few hundred yards from where Perry was killed outside his courier business. McAvoy is believed to have been questioned over the death of Francis following claims from informants that the dead man owed him more than £5 million worth of gold.

Plumber with pilot's licence arrested over Hatton Garden heist

Hatton Garden raid: Hugh Doyle, a 48-year-old plumber from Enfield, is among the nine men held

Hugh Doyle of Associated Response Heating and Plumbing
Hugh Doyle of Associated Response Heating and Plumbing Photo: Facebook

A 48-year-old plumber with a passion for flying and yachting is among the nine men arrested on suspicion of involvement in the Hatton Garden heist
Hugh Doyle, who is originally from Ireland, now runs a plumbing business from his home in Enfield, north London.
The married father of two was held by police who raided 12 addresses across London and Kent on Tuesday morning.
A team of specialist search police officers investigate in an address in Enfield, north London (National News/Isabel Infantes)
His arrest stunned neighbours who described him as a popular, helpful and friendly man.
One elderly neighbour, who asked not to be named, said she had been shocked to hear that Mr Doyle was among those being questioned in connection with the £35 million raid on the Hatton Garden Safe Deposit Company.
Passion for flying: Hugh Doyle (Facebook)
She said: “Everyone knows him. The local pub knows him very well. He was not a bad man, he was a helpful person always willing to lend a hand.
“I am just very surprised. We are shocked that this has happened to us. He has two lovely kids and I am so sorry for his wife.”
Another neighbour, who gave her name as Theresa added: “We had him here in the house to do a plumbing job up in the loft. But it wasn't very well done. The water started coming through.
“He said somebody else would come but nobody came. That was a bit disappointing. He was friendly - over friendly, the sort of things people get away with sometimes”
She went on: “I am more shocked than anything else. He had so much work to do with his vans always coming and going.”
Mr Doyle is understood to run a heating and plumbing business, Associated Response and a high powered motorcycle, bearing the firm’s livery was parked outside the house, where police continued to carry out searches.
A Facebook page linked to the firm shows Mr Doyle in happier times piloting a variety of small aircraft and also crewing a yacht with friends.


Anonymous said...

Best coverage of this story out there. There has been too many coinsidances about this case, on;ly trageted 72 boxes out of over 900, despite having four days and two trips which entailed overnight eachtime. Surely they would have opened many more than 72 unless they were only targeting certain boxes? Police failed to attend when alarm was triggered, power outage fire days beforehand up the road in Holborn leaving all electrics not working properly, thieves left and went back the following day. The size of the hole and having to absail down the lift shaft means these elderly folks were likely not the actual thieves who broke through the wall into the vault. Then today we see it announced that 1400 plus people being investigated for sex abuse and 300 of them public figures, MP's,Royalty, Stars etc. It makes sense this was a set up by dark forces within the Secret services and as you have said, they have thrown the thieves to the Wolves. It happened back in the 70's when MI5/6 recruited a gang to rob a vault to recover some damming photo's of Princess Margaret and then threw them to the Wolves and they all got jailed.

Anonymous said...

I saw this this
Bank job that opened the door on a royal sex scandal
Covered in rubble, the gang later dubbed the "sewer rats" were about to stage one of the most audacious heists in British criminal history.
Covered in rubble, the gang later dubbed the "sewer rats" were about to stage one of the most audacious heists in British criminal history.
But as they tunnelled into the vault of the Baker Street branch of Lloyds Bank, they had no idea they were about to spark a secret service cover-up and claims of a royal sex scandal.
Now, on the eve of the premiere of a Hollywood blockbuster about the robbery, one of the gang has broken his 36-year silence.
He gives a fascinating insight into the raid that netted £500,000 from 268 safety deposit boxes - worth about £5million today.
Despite massive interest in the crime, details about the loot and the criminals responsible were immediately suppressed by MI5 and senior government officials.
Speculation quickly arose that compromising sexual photographs of the Queen's sister, the late Princess Margaret, had been uncovered in the bank vault. It was rumoured they had been stashed away by well-known underworld figure Michael X. A drug dealer and Black Power leader, he was convicted of murder and hanged in Trinidad in 1975. A government file on him will remain closed until 2054.
The Mirror can for the first time reveal that Fleet Street editors of the day were approached directly by senior government officials and told to drop the story.
The four men caught, charged and convicted of the raid went to jail without ever having their names mentioned in the press, and to this day their identities and the circumstances of their capture remain secret. Even the lengths of their sentences are still shrouded in mystery.
Now, one of the men, in his 70s, has spoken to the Mirror from his home in Europe. The ex-gang member said he was terrified to discover one box belonged to the-then head of the judiciary.
He said: "It was owned by Quintin Hogg, the Lord Chancellor.
When we opened it we dropped it on the floor like it was a time bomb. We didn't want to take anything that might give us extra trouble so we left it. All we wanted was cash and jewels."
But the gang didn't have time to go through all of the stash and ended up taking some sensitive material.
The ex-raider, who refused to be identified, said last night: "When we got out we realised we had a lot more than we'd bargained for."
At the time of the robbery, in September 1971, Princess Margaret's marriage to the Earl of Snowdon was in its final stages.
In the 60s and 70s she was known to party hard on the Caribbean island of Mustique, where she was famously pictured with lover Roddy Llewellyn, a landscape gardener 17 years her junior.
She is said to have taken snaps of male friends frolicking naked but it is not known if any were ever taken of her. Asked whether he thought pictures might have existed, her cousin Lord Snowdon said recently: "I'd have thought it unlikely."
But when we asked the ex-raider he refused to deny the rumours. He said: "I can't talk about that. But we did find a lot of guns.
And what was most disturbing was the child pornography we found.
We were disgusted and left it in their open boxes so police could trace the owners."
The gang had spent months working on the job, which involved tunnelling 40ft from the basement of Le Sac, a leather goods shop which they had leased two doors up.
He said: "Before we got started, myself and an accomplice dressed up in bowler hats and pinstripes and went into the bank. We were able to measure out the distance from the wall to the vault using an umbrella so we could calculate how far we needed to tunnel and didn't end up popping up in the wrong place.

Anonymous said...

"The actual tunnelling took three weeks because we could only do it at the weekend so we wouldn't be heard by bank and shop staff. We would go back on Friday night and tunnel until Monday morning."
They tunnelled under the Chicken Inn restaurant next to the bank and then, using an industrial heated lance, tried to bore through the 3ft of reinforced concrete which made up the vault floor.
The ex-gang member told us: "We were using the highest-powered drills and torches we could find at the time but they weren't powerful enough to get through the reinforced concrete. In the end we had to blast our way in with explosives."
The concrete was not wired to the alarm system as it was thought to be impenetrable. Eight tons of rubble were excavated and left behind.
The raider said: "When we finally came up I was unable to fit through the hole and could only stick my head in. But others got in and grabbed the boxes."
The tale has now been made into a film, The Bank Job, with Jason Statham. The movie - which opens at the end of the month - shows how police were alerted to the break-in by ham radio enthusiast Robert Rowlands, who lived in nearby Wimpole Street.
He picked up a conversation between the raiders and their lookout on a nearby rooftop at 11pm on Saturday, September 11. He taped the exchanges while trying to call the police.
At 2am, a senior officer called in radio detector vans in an attempt to trace the transmissions.
Unfortunately, by the time engineers could be brought in from weekend leave, the walkie-talkie conversations had ceased.
Police knew the raid was taking place within a 10-mile radius of Wimpole Street, an area that included 750 banks. On Sunday afternoon, they visited the Lloyds on the corner of Baker Street and Marylebone Road but found no signs of entry as the vault doors were intact.
They were unaware the raiders were still inside. It was not until the bank opened for business after the weekend that the robbery was discovered.
The "walkie-talkie robbery", as it became known, is similar to one solved by Baker Street resident Sherlock Holmes in The Red-Headed League.
In this case, however, countless questions remain unanswered. Only four men were convicted in connection with the crime and most of the loot was never recovered.
The ex-robber chuckles as he remembers the parting message the gang left for police. Spray-painted on the inside of the vault was: "Let Sherlock Holmes try to solve this."

Anonymous said...

More details here:
The Baker Street robbery was a robbery of the safe deposit boxes at 185 Lloyds Bank[1] on the corner of Baker Street and Marylebone Road, London, on the night of 11 September 1971.
The robbers had rented a leather goods shop named Le Sac, two doors down from the bank, and tunnelled a distance of approximately 50 feet (15 m) passing under the intervening Chicken Inn restaurant.[2] To avoid being overheard they only dug during weekends. They used a thermal lance to try to break into the vault but ultimately had to use explosives.[2]
Robert Rowlands was a ham radio operator who lived on a fifth floor flat on Wimpole Street.[3] He overheard conversations between the robbers and their rooftop lookout at 11:15 pm.[3] He contacted local police, who did not take him seriously, and tape recorded the conversations while the robbery was in progress, but there was insufficient information to identify which bank was being robbed.
At 1 am he contacted Scotland Yard, who immediately sent officers to his flat in Wimpole Street.
At 2 am a senior police officer alerted radio detector vans to track down the gang. Police checked the 750 banks within 10 miles of Mr Rowlands' receiver, including the Baker Street bank. At the time, the thieves were still in the bank, but the police failed to realise the fact because the security door was still locked. The thieves got away with £1.5m cash[4] (2010: £16.5m)[5] and valuables from over 260 safe deposit boxes. The total haul was believed to be near £3m (2010: £33.1m).[5]
It has often been reported[by whom?] that after four days of news coverage British authorities issued a D-Notice, requesting that such reporting be discontinued for reasons of national security and the story disappeared from newspapers. It is claimed by national newspapers in recent years, that some of the security boxes contained embarrassing or nationally sensitive material[2][6] and that the purpose of the request was to protect a prominent member of the British Royal Family.[2][7] Rowlands, the aforementioned ham radio operator, claims that the police attempted to prevent him from talking to the press by means of the D-Notice, which he felt was an attempt to hide police incompetence.[8] He also claims that police threatened to prosecute him for listening to an unlicensed radio station.[8] An investigation some years later showed that a request had never been made to the D-Notice committee at that time.[9] Furthermore, a D-Notice has no legal status, being a mere request and not a legally enforceable order. The Times newspaper was still reporting about the case over two months later.[10]
Other recent reports suggest that the identity of the criminals and their sentences have never been revealed.[2] However, The Times (amongst other newspapers) reported in January 1973 that four men had been convicted of the robbery at a trial at the Old Bailey. Three of these men were named as: Anthony Gavin, 38, a photographer from Brownlow Road in Dalston; Thomas Gray Stephens, 35, a car dealer from Maygood Street in Islington; and Reginald Samuel Tucker, 37, a company director from Lee Street in Hackney, who all pleaded guilty and who each received twelve years imprisonment. The fourth man, Benjamin Wolfe, 66, a leather goods dealer from Dovercourt Road in East Dulwich, pleaded not guilty but was subsequently convicted and received eight years. Wolfe had signed the lease on the shop used by the robbers.[4][11] Two other men accused of handling banknotes from the robbery were acquitted.[11] According to one press report, the police believed that the mastermind of the crime was another London car dealer who was never apprehended.[12] Thomas Stephens and Reg Tucker had sentences reduced to eight years on appeal.

Anonymous said...

Suck me sideways, this is better than Sky News, Fox News, CNN and the BBC

Anonymous said...

great stuff